Friday, September 13, 2013

Introductions

Let me start off by introducing myself, the blogger whom many of you may call friend, family, or crazy. My name is Eliza Stein, and I not-so-secretly hate blogs. Welcome to my blog.

As many of you know, I am spending the 2013-2014 academic year traveling in Latin America. I am currently trying to convince myself that I chose to do this because of a desire to learn more about the world I will someday be blessed with the burden of fixing - you know, change my world view so that I can help change my world.

But we all know that the real reason I'm taking time off this year is because the person in the picture on the left (Eliza, age 4) appears to be all too similar to the person in the picture on the right (Eliza, age 18). And both of them seem to have some things to figure out before entering the real world (or at least that's what my teachers call college).

 

Friends, family, and my grandma's girlfriends, I invite you to join me on my journey as I uncover more and more reasons why the world we live in is magnificent, why the people we encounter are spectacular, and where I fit into this big, beautiful mess.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and your luscious Sass, you will navigate your way through this year beautifully and I can't wait to read along as you create a new life in Latin America. <3

    ReplyDelete